A Place to Bark and Meow Blog by Bernie Berlin

Friday, February 02, 2007
Till We Meet Again..
I took Jeff to the airport last nite, his dad had passed away..
The world lost one of it's brightest stars yesterday..

My father in-law, Al Berlin.
I have been so blessed to have known him and to have had him, as a part of my life and extended family.
The things I will remember & miss most, are his loving nature, his smile, the super strong hand crushing hand shakes & hugs and his terrible jokes:)
He loved people, those who surrounded him everday, at his retirement home & in life.
Always willing to help anyone in any way he could.
He will be missed by so many..
Today is a day I will take for myself, to reflect, remember and mourn the loss of my favorite father in law...
May the heavens be blessed with his presence. He is someone that will be missed every day of my life..



Life is so fleeting, you just never know what the day will bring..
So it is important that those you love know it, without a doubt..
As I grow older it becomes more important every day, that those I know, know how much I care for them.
Living every day as if it were our last, makes us focus on the here and now, trying to focus and live in the moment is so vital.
So I say to you, those that read this blog, you are so very much appreciated and loved for the support & love you give to me..
Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

To the king of all kings..
Till we meet again...
I Love you Al....

COMMENTS:
Thinking of you today, Bernie. Saying a prayer for you and Jeff and the family.
 
I am so sorry for your loss.
 
Oh Bern, I'm so sorry, give Jeff a hug for me. I'll talk to you soon.
 
hugs sweetie!!
 
Bernie-My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your husband. Having lost both of our dads, my husband and I empathize with you fully. May God bless and uphold you.
Carol
 
oh no. I had a feeling something wasn't right with you. I'm so sorry. Please pass along my condolances to Jeff.

xoxs
 
Bernie...

I am SO VERY SORRY to hear about your loss.

My sincere condolences to you and Jeff!

I am positive Al would truly appreciate your loving and caring words of remembrance.
 
What an absolutley adorable man! You certainly were blessed to have shared time with someone who looks so open and comfortable in their own skin. What wondererful words you shared. Thank you, and God bless.
 
It is a lucky thing when we are gifted with an in-law like Al that is the one you would have bought off the shelf if you had the choice. My condolences to you and to Jeff.

Tina =^..^=
 
Hugs and our deepest sympathies to you and Jeff.
 
what a great smile, mr berlin has under that kings crown! take care sweet girl and hugs to jeff..you both are in my thoughts and prayers..xoxo~k
 
Bernie- My heartfelt condolences to you and to jeff- I'm so sorry. What a blessing to have had such a loving F-I-L....I know you were/are a blessing to him! hugs and luv....to you and ALL the 'critters'
 
So sorry to hear about Jeff's dad. My prayers go out to him and the family. I know exactly the grief and the pain that he is going through. I also just lost my father this week (January 27th).
 
thinking of you my sweet friend ~
 
So sorry to hear of your loss. With love, Sue x

"Don't be sad that he died, be glad that he lived".
 
i'm sending you and jeff both great big hugs. your father in law looks like a wonderful man and your post is very touching. he was lucky to have you as a daughter in law!
 
He sounds like a wonderful person. I'm glad that you had the gift of spending time with him and laughing with him. Sending comforting thoughts.

Okay...you don't know me but I found you from your book. I browsed it the bookstore today! Would have bought it but it will have to wait till payday.

I love your animal support...all those sweet babies! My Polymer Clay group online has just started a new ebay site where we make a themed creation every month and proceeds go to charity. I am going to submit your organization for one of the upcoming auctions. This month, we are doing polar bear rescue. My group is this: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Beginners_Polymer_Clay_Art_Guild/messages?o=1

Nice to meet you. I can see that you have a kind heart.

Lisa
 
I am so sorry for the loss of your father in law.

I just recently found your site (I am not even sure how) and you have really touched my heart. I am a fellow animal lover, although I cannot attest to any level of giving that you provide for your animals. We have a rotti who came from a rescue and seeing the pictures of your dogs brings back so many memories. Wanting to take them all home, but knowing we couldn't.

When I read through your archives it makes me think that you are truly an angel who has been placed on this earth to care for those who cannot care for themselves. Your heart must be so strong to deal with the pain you see. I am in awe of all you do for our four (and sometimes three) legged friends. God bless you.
 
I'm so sorry to hear this, please give Jeff a big tight hug for me! I think of my father-in-law about every day!!!and he has been gone since 1998 but you can seeeee he is with me still every day!!!(+Jer is looking and acting like Dom more and more every day too! lol)What a Fabulous cook he was!!! You should have tasted his frittis!!!Thinking of Al, (((((((Bernie&Jeff)))))))ps.not sure if this went thru, delete one if it repeated, sorry!
 
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a little cry for you. My dad died last year and I still miss him so much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

products
medical supplies needed
previous posts
archives
important links
other blogs


A Place to Bark is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization. Donations are tax deductible.

web statistics Blog Widget by LinkWithin