A Place to Bark and Meow Blog by Bernie Berlin

Friday, October 23, 2009
Life On the Runnnnn.....
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile" -Albert Einstein


Life has been non stop, challenges for the past few months.
From Jeff being in a horrible car wreck and now having spinal cord damage to the financial struggles of the rescue & the over abundance of animals being surrendered to the pound in record numbers.
But as all things, this life is a journey and with each day and every new challenge that arises, we must face and find the joy within:)
That too can be a challenge, but one that is necessary for spiritual growth...
My joys are in saving LIFE!!!
A pictures tells a thousand words... What do these pictures say to you?
Some of the faces saved from needless euthanasia at our local pounds...











Lately, I have found myself in a curious place, one that has shown me how much I have learned to value my friends..
Those who love me, even though I have dropped off the face of the Earth, when I haven't responded to e-mails or phone calls.
I know it sounds terrible, but those that know me, know that if I have disappeared it's for good reason. Saving Lives!!! So many wonderful, beautiful lives depend on what we can do, to care for them and get them into our partnering shelter program to be adopted. Please bear with me, keep after me and know that I value you, your friendship and your patience with me. I'm on a mission to prove a point, that we can make a difference and to raise awareness thru our social networks. Life is precious and people need to know that this needless killing of shelter animals has to stop.

My friends Claudine and Lynne have teamed up to help me with my fund raising efforts and will be helping me with many things so that I don't fall behind too much and disappoint people.

I don't have much time these days for anything else but caring for the animals, we have close to 100 animals on site with a transport headed north on Tuesday, & every other week after that. But I needed to check in and say HELLO!!!

We will also have t-shirts available for sale very soon!!!
If anyone is interested in donating a design to help us fund raise please let us know!!!

Nov. Ebay Art Auction Call for Artists is underway! For info, email: aplacetobark2009@gmail.com Lynne Gillis is coordinating this for me, so if you e-mail her you will receive a response quickly, since it's not me:)
The whole month of November will be an on going art auction to fund raise to finish the shelter, so we can save more animals this winter. Detail posted soon!!



Thanks for visiting, reading, supporting us & being a part of something GREAT!!! LIFE:)
COMMENTS:
Thank you Bernie, for all your tireless work and devotion. You are an angel! I'm excited to be a part of the November art auction, and yes, Lynne got back to me right away! :-)

Much love,
Kathleen
 
I love what you're doing, and I know those doggie smiles fill your heart with joy.
My employer's united way campaign is coming up and I'm happy to say we can designate any 503(c) charity we want!
 
As someone who loves and misses you, I always know that the reason we never see each other/etc is because of all the goodness you're doing...and wacky conflicting schedules!!

(though maybe a christmas-time visit is in order....)
 
Is that a Cane Corso? I had a rescue one and she also had puppies. This dog looks alot like her! Oh boy - puppies are crazy. I had never rescued puppies before and that was a trip. All adopted now. Good luck with these!

Dylan - www.animoola.com
 
So many sweet smiles -- you've done good work saving them.
 
Again, LOVE the video. Thank you for sharing what you do.
 
Bernie my grand-doggy is a rescue dog and is just as sweet as can be. I really respect and want to support what you do and the tireless efforts you put into it. This is a true life purpose God has gifted you with and your passion and generosity is inspiring!
To that end, I have an art auction running on ebay through Giving Works to support A Place To Bark, but it is not showing up in your listings, the entire Art category is missing when I look at A Place To Barks charity listings. Just thought somebody should know so that you are getting the maximum benefit from the artists who want to support you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers ~take care
Crystal
 
Those of us who love dogs owe you a debt of gratitude. The smiling faces of those saved tell the entire story.
 
A very worthwhile goal saving lives. Can only imagine how busy you are every day. Hope you reach your goal.
 
Hello, you have tried to your best. I agree with you and really liked it. Great effort... Keeps it up!!!!
 
Those pictures/faces say: Somebody cares about me! I MATTER!

You are an ANGEL to do this for these babies...bless your puppy heart.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

products
medical supplies needed
previous posts
archives
important links
other blogs


A Place to Bark is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization. Donations are tax deductible.

web statistics Blog Widget by LinkWithin