A Place to Bark and Meow Blog by Bernie Berlin

Sunday, January 13, 2008
With a little help from my friends...
"What I do, you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do.
The needs are great and none of us, including me, ever do great things.
But we can do small things, with great love and together we can do something wonderful."
-Mother Teresa



WOW!!! I am amazed and so, so very, very, grateful..
The efforts put forth and the friendships that are pulling together to help the animals make me speechless.
All right, you know I always have something to say, but it has made me take time and really think about the future.
Please take a peek, we are in the Top Ten Badges!!! Zowie!!!
But we have to keep going, working hard,spreading the word and getting everyone to donate $10.00.
We need to be in the top 4, I'm truly convinced we can do this!!

One person can make a difference and each and every one of us is one person, who by coming together and connecting, can in essence, make a change in the world. The quote I posted today, spoke so strongly to me, I hope you enjoy it.

Tim and Claudine have been exhausting every effort to help me and I am forever greatful..



Please check out Tim's blog and see the beautiful piece of artwork he has created and is donating to our cause.
I will also follow suit, in an effort to show you how much I appreciate your support, by donating 5 of my original ATCs that were published in my Artist Trading Card Workshop Book and 5 signed copies of the book.





Everyone who has donated will be entered into a drawing, and I will draw 5 winners, who will receive a signed book and an original published ATC.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION WHEN YOU DONATE, SO I CAN CONTACT YOU, ABOUT YOUR GIFT:)

Thank you all, so very, very, much!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!
WE ONLY HAVE 19 MORE DAYS AND ARE THREE WEEKS BEHIND, so we have to keep the faith and continue to get others to donate.

I have been traveling this journey of animal rescue for 8 years now and never thought or planned that I would have a chance of making a difference or even rescuing the amount of animals that we have.
But we have and will continue to do so, for as long as we can!!

Funny how life has it's own ideas on what it wants each person to do and I guess this is what I'm going to be doing for a long time to come..
I am going to need an industrial strength pooper scooper!!
Maybe Michael will make me poop can shrine for Christmas:)

Please take note donations can be made by Pay Pal, but in order for them to count in the contest you need to make them thru the "America's Giving Challenge Badge"

In other news: Chi-Chi is doing wonderful in her new home.
Here is a pic we took when we met Miz Bella and her kids in Chatanooga. They were darling and loved Chi-Chi. Chi-Chi's leg is a bit crippled, we fixed it the best we could. It was broken in several places. But it sure doesn't stop her.. She is like the energizer bunny!!
Otter came along for the ride, he loves to go for a car ride and will always try to go..



Lets all say a prayer and BELIEVE that this will happen!!!



Love and LIght to you ALL!!!
Again & Again & Again...
COMMENTS:
Love your blog and it's a great cause. I am glad Tim Holtz posted the link on his blog and gave us all the opportunity to help. I hope you make it to the top 4.
Theresa @
http://goingscrapbooky.blogspot.com
 
Halo beautiful!!

I was just thinking of you.... & then found a note on Carla's blog about your donation badge...I wondered why it had blanked out! so now I know...I will add the new one today!

I am loving all of your newest updates~ you are such an inspiration to me!!

hope all is beautiful in your world!!

I feel it in my bones ;) this is going to be your BEST year EVER!!

sending big squishy hugs!

xo ~Izabella
p.s. I am soooo jealous you had the chance to meet Mz Bella!!
 
I have passed this information along to all of my Yahoo Groups! I'm hoping that it will bring in a few more donations for you. I'm SURE with your generous offer and Tim's wonderful offer, you have a super chance of winning! Will be watching and keeping my fingers crossed! Bless you for all the work you do!!!!!!!
xoxoxo
Susan Chong
 
Bernie,
You know I rarely post here, but I've just got to say: YOU GO,GIRL!!! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!! I'm soooo excited for you and for all the precious animals. Let the love and light pour in (and back out)!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOO
Patsy
 
I wish I could donate more but I sent off $10. Thank you for doing what you do!
 
yay bernie! I am going through my art stash tonight to find something to raffle off as well!!
xxxox
 
I ma so excited! Every time I click on your page the numbers have taken another jump up. I am trying to let everyone know! I'm praying for that miracle!!
 
I was directed here from Funky Finds! I really like what you are doing, so I posted about you and added your badge to BOTH of my blogs. Then I jumped right on that donate button!!! [grin]

I don't get too much traffic on my one blog, but the blog about raw foods does get a couple of dozen or so hits each day. And Raw Foodists have big hearts, so hopefully that will help!!!
 
What a wonderful cause. How could I not donate to help those sweet animals. My kitty just passed away, so I made the donation in his name, Random. I will let my friends know too.

(PS--I'm such a huge fan of your art--you make such beauty in the world in so many ways.)
 
Bernie, It has been a while and am so glad your calling is still as heartwarming and meaningful as when you were here in WI! I miss you!
Good luck with the cause and let's hope you get in that top 4! GO BERNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
 
I hope you make the top 10. I've added your badge to my blog. I was listening to the YouTube video and my dog Gabe was all into it. He was looking for the puppies. =)
Barbara & Jonathan
 
I really hope and pray you get this grant. I work at a local cat shelter and I see the amazing things animal rescue does not only for the animals, but for people, as well. I donated, and I hope it helps even just a tiny bit.

Chel
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

products
medical supplies needed
previous posts
archives
important links
other blogs


A Place to Bark is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization. Donations are tax deductible.

web statistics Blog Widget by LinkWithin