A Place to Bark and Meow Blog by Bernie Berlin

Sunday, April 08, 2007
Getting ready to hit the road again..
I hope this finds everyone having a Blessed Easter!!!
I've been soooo busy with all the new dogs that have been coming in..
Like these sweet little guys..
They just came in. I can't even begin to guess what they are, super bouncy though!!
Yes, the black one is a littermate:)





I'll be out of touch for the next couple of days.
Getting ready to take the next transport to Chicago and yes, mostly all the pups & dogs posted will be up for adoption at the Anti Cruelty Society.
I hit the road Tuesday and turn right around to come back to Tennessee on Wednesday.
Then I pack up and start driving to Boston on Saturday, to teach at Absolutely Everything next weekend.
The reason I'm driving is "Momma Valentine" will be going to her new forever home!!!
"Momma V" has been here about a year and a half.
I'll be missing her so much. She's so funny, our little stalker we call her.. She LOVES to be LOVED!!!
It's a long haul to Boston, about 18 hours on the road...
Our sweet "Peaches" also went her new home in Washington, D.C. this Easter weekend.

This group of pups are, Great Pyrenees mixes. They were just terrified when they got here..
Slowly they are warming up, so sad to see such fear in their sweet eyes..
I gave them a box to hide in, you can barely see the third one in the back.
He's the one with the frightened look:(





The ticks down here freak me out so much!!!
Chicago & Wisconsin winters always kept the ticks at a minimum.
All these pups had colonies of ticks living in their ears and fleas having a fiesta in their fur.. Ick!!!
Nothing a good dose of "Frontline" won't take care of..

I'm off to bed, have to be at the vet at 8:00 a.m. with all the dogs.
It's an hour drive down and I have to load them all in the van in the morning, so looks like it's going to be a 4-5 a.m. morn.
Nitey Nite...
COMMENTS:
Such sweethearts, Bernie. I'm so glad Peaches and Momma V found new homes. As all dogs do...they deserve to be loved, spoiled and covered with kisses!:)
 
like all the puppies you show us, these are just so darn sweet but i am in love with the little brown and white one in the bottom photo, what a heartbreaker...have a good trip and great time teaching!
xo katie
 
Dear Bernie, I just love you so much for doing what you do. You make my heart sing when I read about your compassion for these amazing animals. What a bunch of sweet shots you've posted... love the one at the top of the three black and whites... what a bunch of characters!

Sending big hugs your way,
Holly and Albie
Venice, CA
 
OMG those faces!!! I love what you do and support all of your hard work and heartACHE for these precious animals! You are an angel of a very special kind.

Please email and let me know what I can do to help. I live in CT. cookievf@charter.net

And drop by my neighbor's website at www.horseofct.org in your SPARE time! she does this single-handedly as well!

safe trip(s)
- vicki xo
 
Have a safe trip to Boston.. will see you there on Saturday at Absolutely Everything! Am curious... do you still have the Pug? Deb
 
What adorable new pups! I am thrilled to hear you are coming to Topsfield, MA! That is within 2 hours from me - so I am going to do my best to get out there for a class. Hurray!
 
we all want a new puppy so badly. these photos make me want to jump on a plane so badly. we are down to our one big dog who is getting old. he's lonesome since our scottie died. we need new puppy breath around here to liven up the old fella.

i hope you have good trips to chicago and boston. safe travels, friend!!
 
I happened across your blog through someone else's. These photos are so sweet and heartbreaking. I'm so glad to know that you do what you do - and I'm always appalled at the cruelty of human beings. These puppies are such innocents.
 
what adorable faces! :o)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

products
medical supplies needed
previous posts
archives
important links
other blogs


A Place to Bark is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization. Donations are tax deductible.

web statistics Blog Widget by LinkWithin